Strategic Management & Innovation in Banking (SMIB)
Strategic Management & Innovation in Banking (SMIB) looks at the strategy influencers that drive change and innovation in the banking and finance industry. It provides managers with the skills needed to devise and implement strategies that achieve organisational goals.
You will study the concept of strategy, how to analyse the factors that drive change and learn how to understand the risks and threats associated with strategic choices. This will give you a new context to consider digital transformation – and the challenges and opportunities it presents to banking. We will teach you how to use customer journey and service design processes for the digital age.
The course will cover:
- The importance of strategy for banking operations
- The main external drivers and impact of the internal environment on strategy
- The changes that have brought disruption and the impact on the banking value chain, products and services
- The changing customer expectations and the need to redesign customer experience models
- The types of digital services that can be applied along the stages of the customer journey
- The role of banks in the future financial services value chain
- The new capabilities required to support the customer journey and services of a digital bank of the future
Next dates for the course are:
- 4th November 2019 to 27th April 2020
- 1st May to 26th October 2020
- 3rd November 2020 to 26th April 2021