FinTech has become one of the fastest-growing sectors of the economy in recent years, and the UK has one of the world’s most vibrant FinTech scenes. As mentioned in Rishi Sunak’s recent statement in Parliament about the future of the financial services industry, FinTech will be critical to the government’s aim to make the industry more open, more technologically advanced, and a world leader in the use of green finance.
The latest report from Strategy& and PwC’s FinTech Deals experts looks at how COVID-19 has underscored the urgent need for innovation across Financial Services, and highlights particular areas for potential FinTech investment. PwC expects the FinTech deals market will be one of the areas that sees the fastest recovery as we emerge from the pandemic, and investors who get a head start by re-engaging with potential targets early could benefit from lower valuations.
We’re delighted to be discussing the report findings in more detail with our panel who will also take questions from our virtual audience.
- Olivia Minnock - FinTech Alliance - Editor and webinar host
- Andrew Macnab - PwC - FinTech Deals lead and report author
- Bernd Richter - FIS - SVP Real Time Payments Network
- Richard Watts - Jupiter Asset Management - Head of Strategy, UK Small & Mid Caps
Discussion topics will include:
- How COVID-19 has impacted segments of FinTech
- How COVID-19 has strengthened the case for innovation
- Where we are starting to see deals activity
- Areas we anticipate will thrive longer term