The Applied MS Excel for Business short course covers the most important aspects of MS Excel, essential knowledge in every workplace.
Why choose this course?
This highly popular course is ideal for anyone at any workplace that uses Excel. The course teaches the most commonly required skills in Excel.
A basic knowledge of MS Excel is required, such as entering and editing data in Excel; calculating numerical data; using mathematical formulas; analysing data using simple statistical functions; sorting and filtering data.
This practical short course takes the form of a series of evening classes taking place once a week in our Central London location.
Assuming a basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, this hands-on step-by-step spreadsheet course guides you through commonly used business applications such as forecasting techniques, advanced database functions, logical tests, Pivot tables and what-if analysis.
In the final week we look at the recording, running and basic editing of VBA macros.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Use Intermediate level and some Advanced level facilities of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet package such as Goal Seek, Scenario Manager, the VLOOKUP function, Pivot Tables and simple Macros
- Use DSUM, DAVERAGE, DCOUNT functions, using multiple extraction criteria to summarise information in a database table
- Use complex nested formulas and logical tests in a business context (e.g. working out bonus payments linked to performance)
- Design tree diagrams to analyse situations where more complex examples of nested formulas and logical tests are required
- Demonstrate an understanding of the variety of solutions that exist within Excel to common business scenarios; be capable of selecting an appropriate one.