University of Stirling's new MSc Financial Technology (Fintech) provides a solid foundation in computing technology, financial theory, ethical and regulatory constraints, and business skills. It’s an innovative course designed for those looking to enter a career in the fintech industry.
Fintech combines the technology from big data and analytics, mobile computing and modern financial services. Some of the activity in the sector is being carried out by the large, existing financial institutions, but the majority comes from small companies who are developing disruptive technologies.
The course covers:
- Manipulating data and scripting in Python
- An introduction to blockchain
- Cyber security and data protection
- Contemporary issues in banking
- An introduction to corporate finance
- Data analytics and machine learning
- Fintech app development
- Investment regulation and ethics
- Heuristics and bias in behavioural finance
- Innovation management and disruptive technology
- Business startup planning
- Professionalism, regulation and ethics in banking