Java Programming Beginners Course, 3-Days Full Time, London
Excellent course for programming beginners making Java Basics really easy. Learn the principles of Object Orientated Programming. The highlight of the course is the practical projects that will help you learn by doing, covering a large set of skills. Small groups in the classroom allow for personalised attention.
Why do a Java Programming course: Java is very popular, the majority of existing Java Applications are running on Java code.
Booking: Please call to confirm the date. 3 Days.
Certification: PCWorkshops certificate
Included: Teas/Coffees but no lunch. Notes, Exercises, Code Examples, PCWorkshops Java Certificate.
Laptops: Bring your own laptop. Downloads: Java JDK and Eclipse.
Teaching Style: Classroom. Instructor-led. Practical course projects. Useful examples.
Oracle Certification: You can request preparation sessions for Oracle Java SE 8 Programmer I 1Z0-808 Exam.
- Overview of Java: The three Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles;
- Data Types, Variables: Primitive data types; Working with variables and its scope; Type conversion and casting; Introduction to String class;
- Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators; More in operators
- Decision Making: If statement; If - else statement; If- else if - else statement; Nested if - else; Switch Statements
- Using Loops: The while, do-while and the for loops; Enhanced for loops; Jump statements: break, continue; The return statement; Nesting loops; Using the for-each loop with Arrays
- Arrays: Working with arrays,
- Data Structures, Collections: ArrayList, LinkedList, Vector, HashSet, TreeSet, HashMap, TreeMap.
- Database: Connecting to a database using JDBC
- Exception Handling: Fundamentals of exception handling; Exception types; Using try and catch; Multiple catch clauses; Nested try statements; Throw and throws; The finally blocks
- Streams: Using Streams to access data files.
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object; Adding Instance variables; Controlling accessibility; Naming conventions for class members. Class Constructors; Parameterized Constructors; Inheritance. Abstraction. Interfaces and implementing interfaces. Override. Polymorphism. The dot operator, this keyword, the static keywords, the super keyword.
- Using Methods: Introduction of methods; Creating a Method in class; Calling a Method; Returning value from a Method; Adding a Method that takes parameters;
- More in Methods and Classes: Overloading methods; Overloading Constructors; Using objects as parameters; Returning objects; Recursion; Access control: private, public and protected; The final keyword; Nested and inner classes; A stack class