Freetrade is a challenger fintech that's brought zero-fee investing to the UK, and is launching in Europe soon.
They have 60,000+ users and are planning to onboard hundreds of thousands in 2020.
This session highlights how they implemented various technologies, such as Firebase, serverless architecture, event sourcing and more to build a complex brokerage platform.
Expect to hear about:
- How they selected technologies
- How cutting-edge tech works with the legacy providers, the "plumbing" of the financial system a brokerage has to connect to
- How they structured their team for delivery
- What features the Platform enables, what's coming next
The session will conclude with an open Q&A session.
Attend this event if:
- You are an engineer with a passion for fintech or startups
- You want to launch your own startup and look to hear about various scaling technologies
- You want to hear from an engineering team building a complex product
- You'd like to get more knowledge of the investing industry and what innovations are taking place
- You are looking to find a job at a high-growth startup
- You'd like to hear about what new features the Platform will enable next