Are you looking for the challenge and flexibility of a start-up, with the financial stability of an established business? Are you ready to take an exciting product from local to global?
We’re Pollinate - a new fintech business aiming to get banks back to where they belong: at the forefront of the payments industry. As a product-driven payments software business, we’re helping the world’s largest, most complex banks compete with digital challengers.
In Spring 2019, we worked with NatWest to launch our global merchant acquiring platform in the UK (www.natwest-tyl.com). And we’re just getting started.
If you join us, you’ll be working with experts across payments, technology, consumer and financial services, supported by a world-class network of partners. You’ll be a key part of a team that’s changing the future of payments, with the freedom to make your mark. Together, we’ll be pushing the boundaries of merchant acquiring.
Purpose of the role
The Senior UX Designer will work alongside different stakeholders to define, build and implement our user experience strategy in the B2B2C environment. Reporting to the Design Director this role will focus on the customer journey applying user research and testing. You will help create a framework for UX patterns in a multi-device environment spanning web, mobile, tablet, ensuring that users have a best-in-class payment experience that helps them manage and grow their business.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to define the vision for the product including goals and objectives and measurement framework, all within the context of our business requirements
- Through a breadth of user research methodologies, develop an intimate knowledge of customer requirements and on-site behaviours, to enable clear definition of customer journeys
- Deliver intuitive user experiences, translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes, all optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design opportunities with the core product and develop solutions to support them, selling these solutions into the wider business through research output, prototyping and user-testing
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to the wider business
- Bring a user-centred design approach to UX decisions on potential future features and functionalities
- Manage key stakeholder relationships and define business requirements, turning these into tangible propositions that deliver an enhanced online customer journey and drive engagement and merchant uptake
What we are looking for
- Proven experience as a Senior UX Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Sketch, Invision, Webflow, XMind, Abstract, etc)
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
Who we are looking for
- Starter-finisher attitude to manage work
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- High energy and drive that suits a start-up environment
- Comfortable working outside of rigid structures and frameworks
- Effective working in ambiguous environments
What we stand for
- We believe we are better together when we listen, engage and support each other, we want you to bring your expertise and experience to work every day
- We are passionate about what we are doing and want you to share this with us, enjoy your time with us, stay calm under pressure and bring positive energy to the team
- We are all on a journey together, we want your ambition and flexible mind set to embrace the twists and turns as we grow as a business
The role will be mostly London based, but could involve some travel.
Pollinate offers great benefits including up to 20% bonus, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan, CSOP as well as flexible working hours. We work in an attractive, modern open plan office in a great City location and have a fruit drop twice per day as well as a weekly Yoga class.
This Job Description covers the main areas of your responsibilities.
It is not an exhaustive list.