Paybase is a London-based FinTech company providing an end-to-end solution for
payments, compliance and risk - all rolled into one unified API. The Paybase Platform is
perfect for marketplaces such as sharing economy or gig economy sites as well as FinTech
apps and products that have complex payments requirements.
We have been operating since 2013 and are fully licensed as an Electronic Money Institution
by the FCA. Our mission is to democratise access to payments infrastructure by removing
the prohibitive cost and knowledge barriers so that our partners can focus on their core
We’re a highly motivated, close-knit team of just under 20 people, with vast experience
across technical solutions, design and marketing, operations and compliance, and business
development and management.
You are interested in financial technology and innovation in the payments space and are
looking for an opportunity to join a team of smart and passionate people, working on a
product that has large scope for disruption rooted in cutting edge technology.
As our FinOps Analyst you will be the third person on the Finance Team and primarily
responsible for anything to do with the financial operations of the Paybase Platform, i.e.,
eMoney reconciliation, supplier fees reconciliation and ensuring ideal payment flows for the
product. However, in reality the role will be much broader than this as you will also be
helping us shape our Financial Forecasting, Pricing/ Costs Analysis and Product/Process
Improvements throughout the business.
● Perform eMoney reconciliation on a daily basis
● Ensure most efficient payment flow is in place and perform reconciliation across all suppliers in the payment chain (acquirer, various banking partners, pay-out partner)
● Ensure our safeguarding requirements as mandated by the FCA are met at all times
● Check and reconcile supplier fees (acquirer, gateway, KYC provider, banking partner, pay-out partner) against actual usage
● Help with monthly invoice generation for our clients
● Help evolve and perfect our pricing structure as we add new services
● Liaise with Engineering Team in order to obtain necessary data and input on product improvements as required
● You have strong numerical and problem solving ability. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck into problems
● With a high attention to detail, you pride yourself in being thorough and completing tasks with a high level of accuracy
● You have an appreciation for and enjoy implementing/ following set processes
● You have excellent presentation and reporting skills that encompass clear and compelling oral & written communication
● Highly motivated, entrepreneurial & great attention to detail. You are a strong team player who is not afraid of pitching in and getting their hands dirty
● You are someone who wants ownership, autonomy, is a self-starter and can make great things happen, quickly!
● Experience working in a start-up environment beneficial
● Preferred but not required numerical based degree
Working at Paybase
We work hard to create the best possible working environment for our people. We try to
ensure that everyone is as happy, creative and productive as possible.
● Join a fast-growing tech company, with ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow and support you
● Work in a friendly, cross-functional team, with people who are exceptional and love solving problems
● Stunning, modern workspace just off Bermondsey St
● Annual £1,000 training fund to expand your skillset and apply what you’ve learnt in your work
● Stocked craft beer fridge, fruit box and snack box in the office
● Regular team events, from post-work drinks and pub lunches to go-karting and laser tag
● Beer and pizza every Thursday
● Yoga every Monday
● Breakfast cereal and fruit every morning
● Freshly ground coffee and artisan teas
● 25 days holiday per year