Zumo: Smart Money For Everyone
Customer Support Manager
Salary: Up to £45K
Reporting to: COO
Zumo is searching for a highly motivated and experienced Customer Support Manager to define, implement and lead our Customer Support function. Reporting to the COO and working closely with a cross-functional team of experts, you will provide and promote first class customer service throughout the organisation and deliver seamless customer experience across all channels. You will make sure that service standards are being met and recruit and manage the customer service team.
You will work at various levels, from C-suite to the front end of the business, and will help to develop and implement customer service policies and procedures, find ways to measure customer satisfaction and improve service and handle customer enquiries & complaints.
We are looking for a candidate with prior, proven experience of managing the Customer Support function in a regulated environment. Someone who is not afraid to get stuck in and is obsessive about customer needs. You will have an excellent knowledge of the latest industry trends and techniques. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you will also demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills. CRM platform integration experience is a pre-requisite for the role and a card issuing experience is a strong advantage.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Lead and supervise the customer service team
- Manage customer enquiries and service issues in a timely manner
- Investigate and solve customers' problems, which may be complex or long-standing
- Communicate courteously with customers by telephone, email and social media channels
- Handle customer complaints or any major incidents, ensuring timely and effective communication
- Keep accurate records of discussions and correspondence with customers
- Analyse statistics and other data to determine the level of customer service Zumo is providing and identify areas of improvement
- Develop effective feedback and complaints procedures for customers to use
- Develop and document customer service procedures, policies and standards across Zumo’s customer support function
- Regularly meet with other managers to discuss possible improvements to customer service
- Manage staff recruitment and appraisals
- Mange departmental budget
- Develop training materials and train new staff
- Learn about Zumo's products & services and keep up to date with changes to deliver best in class service
- Keep ahead of developments in customer service by reading relevant industry publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or another relevant field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in a customer support position within regulated industry, preferably Financial Services
- Exception communication and listening skills
- Problem solving skills
- Confidence, patience, tact & diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead a team of customer service executives
- Creative thinking and ability to come up with new ideas and improve customer service standards
- Organisational and planning skills to develop customer service policies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Gsuite and customer support software such as Zendesk
- Experience managing remote contact centre teams and/or offshore service providers
- Strong working knowledge of regulations and legislations such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), e-Privacy Directive, Financial Ombudsman Complaint procedure etc.
Zumo is a wallet and payments platform that makes Cryptocurrency and traditional money work seamlessly and safely together, giving people everywhere the safest and simplest way to buy, store, send and spend crypto assets. We are not a bank, we are smart money for everyone.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefit of crypto & blockchain are for everyone
- Our decision making is funded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex seem simple
- We do not use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
- We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
- We give feedback in a respectful way
- We do not take the easy path unless it is the right one
- We are constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
If you want to work with one of the UK’s most exciting and innovative start-ups then we want to hear from you. Please email your CV to email@example.com